About the swingers
The Swingers is a leading dance studio affiliated with Broadway Dance Center New York having branches at Chennai , Bangalore , Dubai , Kuwait and New York.we have trained more than 75000 dance professionals including dancers, choreographers and teachers.
About Prasanna artist director
Prasanna started his dance career at the age of seven and has undergone extensive training in dance at several internationally acclaimed dance studios across the world including Edge Performing Arts California, Broadway Dance Center New York. He has taught classes and performed many productions across United States of America and United Kingdom.
Niranjan – College Student
To become a professional dancer has Always been my dream and Swingers is the place which can turn my dream into reality! Being a part of Flash Mob,Inspirations & At the Edge shows has brought out the performer in me.
Nikita – Corporate Professional
I always know dancing was Fun but dancing at Swingers adds a whole new level of excitement to it. The techniques & the way of teaching here are of international standards. It’s one of the best things I have discovered in this city!
Geetha Ramachandran – Mother of Swapnil
My son has been a part of Swingers family for 5 yrs now, and I have seen his interest and dancing skills develop each year by the skilled instructors. Swingers has groomed him into an active & confident child.
Zumba at the swingers
Zumba is sweeping the world by storm is now at The Swingers Dance studio for dancers, Athletes, working professional & Regular gym participant . You just feel the music and let your body move. Zumba is fun and you get real results.
Zumba is the heart pumping class that combines red hot music with addictive dance moves!
Zumba features interval training sessions where fast and slow rhythms are combined to tone and sculpt the body while burning fat. Learn how to make fitness fun by adding Latin flavor and Bollywood zest to the workout while 500-800 calories per hour! Zumba combines simple to follow step movement with Latin rhythms & offers an exciting hour of calorie burning, body energizing fun. The cardio workout both tones & strengthens the core, the simple and repetitive Latin dance steps specifically target the abdominal muscles
It’s an easier way to exercise than other classes because of the pace –it’s like dancing ,you just move your body to the music & Zumba doesn’t have any limits for the participants young, old, thin, fat, muscular, limited physical abilities, non dancers.
All are welcome to try this “Magical Maschivious Miraculous Zumba” says ARCHANA -Zumba Certified instructor / ZIN member.
Benefits of learning Zumba
- Body and mind co-ordination
- Sense of counts and rhythm
- Improves balance, posture,confidence and coordination
- It’s proven any physical activity will boost up the productivity
- Get fit, while having fun
- Improve your social skills
- Add creativity and artistry to your life
- A great way to relax – repetitive?!
- Most of all it makes you happy
- Stress Relief – Zumba dance is all about letting go of your inhibitions and even losing yourself in the dance movements
- The energetic movements help release endorphins that can elevate your mood
- Great way to relax & melt
- One hour of Zumba dance workout helps in burning
- about 600 to 1,000 calories
- Reshape and refresh all parts of the body, including the hips, arms, the heart, and the mind
Benefits of performing on stage
- Develops creativity
- Develops confidence
- Promotes self-discipline and self-motivation
- Exposure to Art & Culture
- Overcoming shyness and anxieties
- Motivates and boost dance performance quality
- Improves communication, language and musical skills.
- Enhances memory retention and improves attention span
- Improves social interaction & team spirit
- Gain Popularity & Recognition
- Feel Good factor at the end of each session
Student Showcase Prodution – Inspirations – Art of Dance
Every year since 1998, just to develop the interest of every student and give theatrical stage exposure, we conduct a Students Showcase Production called “Inspirations -Art of dance”.
This performance is conducted after the end of every level and this showcases from Classical to Contemporary, Jazz to Hip-hop, Street to Salsa and many more. Its open to all levels and age of students starting from 3 to 60 & more ages
Performances are organized with the state of the art facilities of professional set of Light, Sound, Costumes, Sets and Conceptualisations. This is generally choreographed by the instructors and company members. Previously this show has featured many Broadway Musicals to the most astounding Hollywood concepts.